back to airton.dev
How to enable Developer Mode on Chromebook
posted at 15-07-2019
- When you enable developer mode all of your files, directories and accounts will be deleted.
- Google doesn't support your Chromebook in developer mode.
- Turn on your Chromebook.
- Restart it with recovery mode (Pressing
esc, refresh and power button).
- The recovery mode screen says "Chrome OS is missing or damaged.". Press
CTRL + D to go to another screen.
- Now you can press
Enter and enable the
- Wait a few minutes and your Chromebook will restart with Developer Mode Enabled.
To Go Ahead
- When your Chromebook turn on, a message will appear "OS verification is OFF", so press
CTRL + D again. (This message will show up every time that you start it)
- You need set on the Debugging Features.
- So, click in
Enable debugging features, then press
- After it, your Chromebook will restart.
- So when it turns on, you can put your root password.
- Now you just need to set the normal options to your Chromebook work.
Set user password
- After these steps, you can set a user password to use sudo.
CTRL+ALT+F2 login with root (use the password that you informed when you enable the Debugging Feature).
- Now write
- Now you can write the password.
- After that, press
CTRL+ALT+F1 to back to graphic mode.